26 Family Adventures in South Lake Tahoe.
Meyers is only 4 miles from South Lake Tahoe. It hosts world class healers as well as world class athletes and world class recreation. You have probably driven right through Meyers and not even know it! It also has one of the largest communities of full time residents in the Lake Tahoe Basin, boasting one of the highest per capita of Olympic Athletes, 4/3060 people. Drop In and experience Meyers with a trip off the beaten path.
1: Hike the Pacific Crest Trail from Echo Lakes. Take the water taxi and hike back if you’re pressed for time
2: Mountain bike down “Sidewinder Trail” on the Corral Loop of off Oneidas Rd. Ask Kent at Watta Bike for a map and directions.
3. Grab a pint, order the “Estrada” sandwich and sit on the deck of the Divided Sky. Stay for live music on the weekends.
4. Read an independent published book at Bona Fide Books.
5. Begin your day with a “Healing Journey” at Safe Haven Chiropractic. Leave Meyers feeling better than you came.
6. Have a picnic at Lake Baron and Tahoe Paradise Resort. Order a deli sandwich or fried chicken from Lira’s Market.
7. Walk-up Hawley Grade to the waterfall. This is also the old Pony Express trail. You can also ride your bike down.
8. Attend the Annual Mountain Bike Festival on August 10th, 2014.
9. Go bouldering! Meyers bouldering has exploded in the last few years with world class boulders around every corner.
10. Hike up to Angora Lakes Resort, order a lemonade and jump off the cliffs. (at least watch).
11. Play 18 holes of golf at one of the two courses in Meyers, Tahoe Paradise Golf Course, or Lake Tahoe Golf Course.
12. Order a “Freel Good Smoothie” at Freel Perk Coffee.
13. Stay in a “Cabin in the Woods” with a vacation rental from or tour your dream home from Tahoe Select Rentals.
14. Road bike down from South Upper Truckee to North Upper Truckee and learn the local short cut.
15. Attend the Meyers Bouldering Festival on August 30th, 2014.
16. Go Letter boxing or Geocaching.
17. Explore Washoe State Park and learn about one of the largest summer Washoe communities.
18. Meet Meyers Moms and push your stroller up Old Meyers Grade.
19. Relieve tension with The Studio Lake Tahoe’s Aerial Yoga Crissy Jory.
20. Head to the Getaway Café, voted best restaurant in Tahoe and order a “Garden Grown” add bacon.
21. Make your own 6 pack at Road Runner and Kayak down the Upper Truckee River.
22. Get a Sweet Tea from Billy at the Meyers Downtown Café.
23. Unleash your inner “Ninja” with parkour and obstacle course atCrossfit 6230’.
24. Buy a T-shirt from Rise Design and look like a local.
25. Tour your million dollar dream home with Gotit Real Estate or Century 21.
26. Hang out with your dogs in front of the outdoor fire pit at Bob Dog Pizza, don’t forget to bring your dogs over to Jeff Chamberlain, DDS to say hi!
Stay safe. Here is a quick guide Beginners Guide to Hiking: https://hobbyhelp.com/hiking/
Living, Working, and Playing in the Sierra Mountains. Helping to create: Life, Health, and Community.