Back Pain Will I Have To Live With It?
Pain is a warning sign. Like the piercing sound from a smoke alarm, the alarm isn't the problem. The alarm has a cause, just like every ache or pain has a cause. Some people choose to cover up the pain instead of correcting the cause. What's your approach?
It makes sense to correct the cause instead of treating the symptom.
The nerve-rich facet joints on the back side of each spinal bone are a common cause of back pain. If these pairs of interlocking "fingers" aren't moving right, they can cause painful symptoms. The discs between spinal bones can be a source of back pain, too. These rings of fibrous tissues act as spacers, connectors and "shock absorbers" for the spine. Trauma can cause the soft, pulpy material in the middle to bulge or herniate, putting pressure on delicate nearby nerves. Once you know the cause, you have several choices. One approach is bed rest. But research shows that prolonged bed rest can actually delay recovery and make the problem worse!
Physical therapy is another option. But exercising spinal joints that aren't working right is like continuing to drive your car with misaligned tires! Another choice is to numb or cover up the pain with drugs. While drugs can offer temporary relief, they can't correct functional problems of affected spinal joints.
The most drastic measure is surgery. A laminectomy cuts off the offending facet joints, leaving the spinal cord exposed! A spinal fusion cuts out the disc tissue and immobilizes the joint. While there may be times when surgery makes sense, it's expensive, risky and more than half of all back surgeries fail. More and more people are choosing chiropractic care first, Specific chiropractic adjustments can help improve spinal function. Better yet, chiropractic care is safe. Chiropractic is natural. And chiropractic looks to correct the underlying cause of the problem.
Give us a call to schedule your $30 initial visit today and correct the problem before it becomes permanent. 530-577-5433
If you’ve ever wanted to lose some weight or eat healthier than you are right now (I mean, most of the food we eat is crap, right??), chances are you’ve been on some sort of diet or some sort of crazy program that’s supposed to yield you magical results.
You’ve heard all the hype, the gimmicks and the mystical ancient tricks that are supposed to be your shortcuts to long lasting weight loss success… and guess what? It’s never that easy, is it? It never lasts long-term, does it? And chances are you might even gain more weight back than you originally lost!
Kind of sucks, right?
Well it does, and that’s because there really is no ‘magic formula’ to long-lasting weight loss success. There is no ‘magic pill’. There are no gimmicks that work long-term.
What does work is having a proven plan, and following the plan. I’m going to give you 7 Simple Slimming Secrets to help achieve measurable weight loss that will stay off over time.
7 Simple Slimming Secrets To Losing Weight
1. Drink Plenty Of Fluids – I bet you didn’t know that 74% of adults are dehydrated. And when I say dehydrated, I mean adults don’t drink enough water. That’s a shame because there are so many benefits to drinking water. For instance, water slows your metabolism, helps detoxify your body, provides energy, curbs hunger (often thirst is confused as hunger), and so on. Bottom line is stop drinking the soda or other ‘sugary’ drinks and just drink a lot of water per day.
2. Eat Protein - Protein is a key way to help keep blood sugars level, and keeps you from getting hungry. Plus, when you do exercise (see tip 7), protein helps repair the damage to your muscles that you incurred in your workout. Benefits of protein include building lean muscle and burning fat, so you can see why eating protein is important.
3. Eat Fruits & Vegetables - I really shouldn’t have to explain this that much (especially since we’ve been told this a million times since we were kids), but it goes without saying as to how important it is to eat the right foods, namely fruits and vegetables. They fill your body with low calories, high energy, nutrition, antioxidants and fiber. Bottom line is you can eat more in a meal with less calories by consuming fruits and vegetables.
4. Avoid The Color Beige - You might not have known this, but most foods that are beige in color tend to be high in carbohydrates and calories, but low in nutrition. For instance, breads, pastas, rice and other beige foods may taste great, but they are NOT good for you compared to the value you get with eating fruits and vegetables. In fact, you could almost eat 10 cups of fruits to 1 cup of beans.
5. Get Some Sleep - The body is made to recover from its activities, and the ONLY way it truly recovers is with sleep. The body really needs about 8 hours of sleep to function optimally. Now it may be a coincidence, but 68% of people don’t get 8 hours of sleep per night, and that’s the exact percentage of people who are overweight. Just sayin…
6. Portion Sizes Count - The average plate of food is 2-3 times larger than it used to be just 30 years ago, so that should be a ‘wake up’ call right there. A normal serving size of protein is the same size as your computer mouse. 2 servings of mixed greens should be the same as 2 baseballs. A serving of fruit should be the size of a tennis ball. Keep these portion sizes in mind, and that will help you lose weight.
7. Exercise!! - The absolute best way to boost your metabolism, to boost your energy, and boost your weight loss into hyperdrive is to get off the couch and get some exercise, period! Go for a 10 minute walk 3 times a day. Go for a 30 minute workout 3-4 times a week. Just do something.
If you follow these 7 Simple Slimming Secrets, you’ll lead a healthy lifestyle, you’ll lose weight, and more importantly you’ll keep it off.
Click here to find out more info!
Hello! I want to help you understand disc herniation's. There are many symptoms that you might have with disc problems, including pain, numbness, tingling and other sensations.
You may also have problems moving around or just have morning stiffness. Disc herniation can be serious, whether you are young or old, and should be treated in the most effective way possible.
Traditional medicine may take months to simply find the problem, costing huge amounts in doctor’s office visits and expensive testing. After the doctors in ~South Lake Tahoe find the disc problem, you may be treated with medication and possibly with surgery, however, these will not always be effective.
If regular treatments, shots, PT, or medication are not working for you any longer or you would rather not deal with surgery at all, you may need a new plan of action. In my South Lake Tahoe practice that is located at 3170 US Hwy 50, in Meyers, I will help you to work toward greater health and wellness by not just treating the pain but helping you with adjustments and bring balance to your body. Together your body can start to heal the disc herniation and positively affect all aspects of health too.
Don’t waste another minute being in pain or dealing with other symptoms, start treating the cause of your problem. Call my office and make an appointment as soon as possible. Get started for as little as $30. Call today 530-577-5433.
Not Appointments needed.
Walk-ins available today.
No long term care plan.
If you have spent any time in the office at all, you realize that I do not adjust you the same way every time you come to the office. You also realize that I do not adjust the same areas every time I adjust you. I’m sure you realize that there are many different areas I could adjust and that the combination of possibilities is enormous.
What you may not realize is that there are many different ways a subluxation could be adjusted depending on the chiropractic technique that I judge would be best for you. It should be obvious to you that we would never use the same technique on a healthy 25 year old man that we would use on a 3 month old infant or one of our senior citizen patients. Everyone is adjusted in a way that is best suited for them and we have the ability to change techniques to customize our adjusting of you. In fact, there are 3 major types of chiropractic adjustive techniques for me to choose from.
One approach is based on the bone and its misaligned position in the spine. These techniques require us to actually move the spinal bone from where it is towards where it should be. Sometimes this type of adjustment is done by hand and sometimes with an instrument. Sometimes it is performed with a quick motion and other times a special table is used. In all cases, the approach we use is the one that is both most effective and most comfortable for the patient.
A second type of chiropractic technique is more muscle based. These approaches require us to place you in a very specific position prior to the adjustment so that the muscles are doing more work and we can, in turn, do less and accomplish the same result.
A third category of chiropractic technique is more subtle than either of these other approaches for people who require a very soft-touch approach. Even though bone is not moved in the adjustment directly, these techniques are very effective in assisting you to move the bone through your activities of daily living.
Our desire is to get the best results with the least strain on either of our parts.
Living, Working, and Playing in the Sierra Mountains. Helping to create: Life, Health, and Community.