If you’ve ever wanted to lose some weight or eat healthier than you are right now (I mean, most of the food we eat is crap, right??), chances are you’ve been on some sort of diet or some sort of crazy program that’s supposed to yield you magical results.
You’ve heard all the hype, the gimmicks and the mystical ancient tricks that are supposed to be your shortcuts to long lasting weight loss success… and guess what? It’s never that easy, is it? It never lasts long-term, does it? And chances are you might even gain more weight back than you originally lost!
Kind of sucks, right?
Well it does, and that’s because there really is no ‘magic formula’ to long-lasting weight loss success. There is no ‘magic pill’. There are no gimmicks that work long-term.
What does work is having a proven plan, and following the plan. I’m going to give you 7 Simple Slimming Secrets to help achieve measurable weight loss that will stay off over time.
7 Simple Slimming Secrets To Losing Weight
1. Drink Plenty Of Fluids – I bet you didn’t know that 74% of adults are dehydrated. And when I say dehydrated, I mean adults don’t drink enough water. That’s a shame because there are so many benefits to drinking water. For instance, water slows your metabolism, helps detoxify your body, provides energy, curbs hunger (often thirst is confused as hunger), and so on. Bottom line is stop drinking the soda or other ‘sugary’ drinks and just drink a lot of water per day.
2. Eat Protein - Protein is a key way to help keep blood sugars level, and keeps you from getting hungry. Plus, when you do exercise (see tip 7), protein helps repair the damage to your muscles that you incurred in your workout. Benefits of protein include building lean muscle and burning fat, so you can see why eating protein is important.
3. Eat Fruits & Vegetables - I really shouldn’t have to explain this that much (especially since we’ve been told this a million times since we were kids), but it goes without saying as to how important it is to eat the right foods, namely fruits and vegetables. They fill your body with low calories, high energy, nutrition, antioxidants and fiber. Bottom line is you can eat more in a meal with less calories by consuming fruits and vegetables.
4. Avoid The Color Beige - You might not have known this, but most foods that are beige in color tend to be high in carbohydrates and calories, but low in nutrition. For instance, breads, pastas, rice and other beige foods may taste great, but they are NOT good for you compared to the value you get with eating fruits and vegetables. In fact, you could almost eat 10 cups of fruits to 1 cup of beans.
5. Get Some Sleep - The body is made to recover from its activities, and the ONLY way it truly recovers is with sleep. The body really needs about 8 hours of sleep to function optimally. Now it may be a coincidence, but 68% of people don’t get 8 hours of sleep per night, and that’s the exact percentage of people who are overweight. Just sayin…
6. Portion Sizes Count - The average plate of food is 2-3 times larger than it used to be just 30 years ago, so that should be a ‘wake up’ call right there. A normal serving size of protein is the same size as your computer mouse. 2 servings of mixed greens should be the same as 2 baseballs. A serving of fruit should be the size of a tennis ball. Keep these portion sizes in mind, and that will help you lose weight.
7. Exercise!! - The absolute best way to boost your metabolism, to boost your energy, and boost your weight loss into hyperdrive is to get off the couch and get some exercise, period! Go for a 10 minute walk 3 times a day. Go for a 30 minute workout 3-4 times a week. Just do something.
If you follow these 7 Simple Slimming Secrets, you’ll lead a healthy lifestyle, you’ll lose weight, and more importantly you’ll keep it off.
Click here to find out more info!
1 Eat at least three meals a day (organic and local when possible)
2 Eat real -- not processed-- foods (preferrably prepared at home)
3 Stay away from sodas, artificial sweeteners
and MSG (Yuck!)
4 Have your meals at the same time every day.
5 Incorporate movement into your life: include aerobic work, strength training and stretching.
6 Get some sunshine and fresh air every day.
7 Get at least seven hours of sleep every night. Sleep in once a week.
8 Keep your Nervous System subluxation (interference) -free. Your Nervous System regulates your health and function.
Get right with your Creator, and nurture your dreams.
Living, Working, and Playing in the Sierra Mountains. Helping to create: Life, Health, and Community.